Habits of Successful People
Greetings on this beautiful November morning, I read an interesting article in The Globe and Mail yesterday called “Seven Great Habits of the Most Successful People” and thought how interesting.
The article stated that habits determine 95% of a person’s behaviour, and its people’s behaviour that causes them to be successful. Easy enough….right?
One of the habits that successful people maintain is that they are health conscious and that includes maintaining a healthy smile. So I thought I would write a little about how you can incorporate a few small habits to your daily routine to reap the benefits of a healthy smile and become healthier.
- Brush your teeth only using a soft toothbrush – hard bristles cause your gum tissue to recede and this can cause your teeth to become more sensitive
- Brush your teeth three times a day
- Brush your teeth after your breakfast
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes at a time
- Floss your teeth, if you find flossing difficult use tools such as the air flosser, flossing sticks, etc.
- Rinse your mouth after you brush your teeth, with your toothpaste left over in your mouth after your brushing, mouth wash, a mouth rinsing agent, etc.
- If you are out at a party or dinner and cannot brush your teeth after dessert, eat a slice of cheese or a slice of apple, these foods lower the acidity in your mouth after sweets.
I hope you find these tips helpful and I hope you can incorporate them into your daily routine.
In case you are wondering what the seven great habits are:
- They are Goal Oriented
- They are Results Driven
- They are Action Oriented
- They are People Oriented
- They are Health Conscious
- They are Honest
- They are Delf-Disciplined